Year of the Cock

45 days in the Year of the Cock as perceived by a synesthetic Monkey. The relationship has ended. A deep and complex experiment in sustainability must be moved. Favors will be called in. Challenges will be met. Paradigms will rub against each other like tectonic plates. And the rain will fall, and the sun will shine.

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Curbside 053


Curbside 053
Originally uploaded by Dark Sevier.
The Sword of Damacles has snapped its tether. I feel I'm in the moment between the snap and the thwack. Infinite space here. I've been banished from the back of Palolo.
Potted plants must be moved, field stock trees dug up and replanted elsewhere. Finding elsewhere. While continuing production. Big Sale. Everything must go.

The Nursery has been working for 10 or 12 years. I've been working here 5 years, running the place for 2 1/2.

Today I asked the guy that tacked the notice to my doorframe if he could elaborate as to why they were giving me the boot. He said the deciding factor was the patch of marijuana they found growing nearby. The story goes: they found a patch of pot, and found tools from the nursury near the pot. I asked if they could return the tools to me. I wasn't mad about the eviction as much as I was irked at their presumption that I was that stupid. I thought they were stolen. Only borrowed appearently.

So I told two douer faces that next time, they might consider confronting their SUSPECT about CIRCUMSTANTIAL EVIDENCE before placing judgement and wrongfully terminating. I told them that I knew decisions like this must have been very hard on them to make, but to hang in there and be strong. I told them I thought they would be fine. I assured them that I have every confidence that they are going to make it through this uncomfortable time.

And so our story begins: in the middle space between here and there, in and out, land and property, ownership and stewardship. A meditation on subjects such as trans-paradigm social models (common ground), bullshit (semantics), and what it means (to me) to be a human.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home